If you’re looking to keep your valuables safe from burglars, you’ll want to avoid hiding them in these five places. Under the mattress, in the freezer, and in a fake plant are all popular hiding spots for homeowners, but they’re also among the first places that burglars will look. A better bet is to invest in a home safe or hide your valuables in a less obvious spot, like inside a hollowed-out book or in a false bottom drawer.
Knowing What Burglars Look for
Here are the top 5 worst places to hide valuables in your home: Burglars are looking for easy targets. They want to find valuables that are easy to grab and take with them.
1 – Clothing Drawers
Clothing can be easily rummaged through, and small items such as jewelry or cash can be quickly hidden in a drawer. If you must hide valuables in your bedroom, try to keep them in a locked box or safe that is bolted to the floor or furniture. One of the first places a burglar will look for valuables is in your dresser drawers.
2 – Bedrooms
Hiding your valuables in any of these locations will likely result in them being discovered by someone snooping around your home. If you’re looking to keep your valuables hidden and safe in your home, steer clear of these five places.
3 – Bathrooms
It’s no secret that valuables are often hidden in the home, but some hiding places are better than others. Here are the top 5 worst places to hide valuables in your home:
1. Under the mattress
2. In a sock drawer
3. In the bathroom
4. In a kitchen cabinet
5. In a plant
The bathroom is often the first place that burglars will look, as it’s typically where people keep their most valuable items, such as jewelry and cash. While hiding valuables in the bathroom may seem like a good idea, it’s actually one of the worst places to do so.
So, if you’re looking for a good place to hide your valuables, the bathroom is not the place to do it.
4 – Refrigerators and Freezers
So, if you’re looking for a place to hide your valuables, the fridge and freezer are not the best places to do so. However, this is not a safe place to hide your valuables as burglars will often search these appliances first. This is because burglars know that people often hide things in the fridge or freezer in an attempt to keep them out of sight and out of mind. While the refrigerator and freezer may seem like an unlikely place for burglars to look for valuables, these appliances can actually be one of the first places they check.
5 – Garages
Here are five reasons why: When it comes to hiding valuables in your home, the garage is one of the worst places to choose.
1. Garages are often full of tools and other equipment that can make it difficult to find a good hiding spot.
2. If you have a garage door opener, it’s possible for someone to break into your garage and access your valuables.
3. Garages are often subject to temperature extremes, which can damage delicate items.
4. If you have a car in your garage, it’s possible for thieves to break into your car and access your valuables that way.
5. Garages are often cluttered, making it difficult to keep track of your valuables.
What to Remember
Here are the top 5 worst places to hide valuables in your home: When it comes to hiding valuables in your home, there are some places that are better than others.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where are the top 5 worst places to hide valuables in your home?
2. How can I make sure my valuables are hidden from burglars?
3. What are some creative places to hide my valuables?
4. How can I ensure my valuables are well-protected?
5. What are the consequences of hiding valuables in plain sight?
There are many places in your home that seem like they would be great for hiding valuables, but are actually some of the worst places to do so. The top 5 worst places to hide valuables in your home are: under the bed, in the freezer, in a sock drawer, in a plant, and in a safe. Each of these places can be easily found by someone who is looking for valuables, and are not good places to hide your most precious items.