Bacon grease is one of those things that many people don’t know what to do with. They either throw it away or let it sit in the pan. However, bacon grease can be used for so much more than just cooking bacon. It can be used for many different things, both food and non-food related. Here are 25 creative uses for bacon grease.
Using Bacon Fat in Cooking
While some people throw it away, there are many uses for bacon grease, both in food and non-food items. Bacon grease is a delicious by-product of cooking bacon. Here are 25 creative uses for bacon grease.
1 – Chicken Alfredo with Bacon Fat
Bacon fat is a type of rendered fat made from pork belly bacon. It is a delicious and versatile ingredient that can be used in many different dishes.
The bacon fat adds a depth of flavor to the Alfredo sauce that is simply irresistible. This dish can be made with either chicken breasts or thighs, and is best served over a bed of pasta. Chicken Alfredo with Bacon Fat is a rich and flavorful dish that is sure to please any appetite.
Once the bacon is crisp, remove it from the pan and set it aside on a paper towel-lined plate. To make Chicken Alfredo with Bacon Fat, start by cooking the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until it is browned and cooked through.
Be sure to taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Then, add the bacon fat and Alfredo sauce to the skillet and stir until well combined. Next, add the garlic and onion to the skillet and cook until they are softened.
Serve the Chicken Alfredo with Bacon Fat over a bed of pasta and enjoy! Finally, add the cooked chicken and bacon back into the skillet and stir until everything is evenly coated with the sauce.
2 – Warmed Bacon Brussels Sprouts
Bacon fat is a type of rendered fat obtained from bacon. It can be used in cooking or as a spread on bread. It is a valuable ingredient in many cuisines, imparting a rich flavor to dishes.
It can be used to fry eggs, potatoes, and other vegetables. It can also be used to flavor soups and stews. Bacon fat is a good source of energy and has a high smoke point, making it ideal for cooking.
Bacon fat can also be used in non-food items, such as candles and soap.
3 – Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing
The fat from the bacon adds flavor and richness to the dressing, and the bacon itself makes a great topping for the salad. This dish is easy to make and can be enjoyed any time of year. Bacon fat is delicious and can be used in many different dishes. One great way to use bacon fat is in a spinach salad with warm bacon dressing.
4 – Candied Bacon
It has a high smoke point and is often used for frying or as a flavor enhancer. It is a white or yellowish fat that is solid at room temperature. Bacon fat is a type of rendered fat that is made from pork.
It can be used to flavor food, as a cooking fat, or even as a beauty product. Bacon fat can be used in many different ways.
It can be used to add flavor to vegetables, potatoes, rice, pasta, and even popcorn. Bacon fat can also be used to make a delicious salad dressing. One of the most popular ways to use bacon fat is to flavor food.
It can be used as a cooking fat for frying, sautéing, or even baking. Another popular way to use bacon fat is to cook with it. Bacon fat can also be used to make a delicious gravy.
Finally, bacon fat can even be used as a beauty product. It can be used to moisturize the skin or hair, and it can even be used as a lip balm.
5 – The Loaded Baked Potato
Bacon grease is a delicious and versatile cooking fat that can be used in a variety of ways. Here are 5 creative uses for bacon grease that will make your food taste even better:
1. Use it as a flavor enhancer in savory dishes like soups, stews, or sauces.
2. Give roasted vegetables an extra boost of flavor by drizzling them with bacon grease before serving.
3. Make a delicious and indulgent breakfast by frying eggs in bacon grease.
4. Use bacon grease to make homemade salad dressing or mayonnaise.
5. Make a batch of delicious loaded baked potatoes by coating them in bacon grease before baking.
6 – Roasted Vegetables
Bacon grease is a delicious and versatile cooking fat that can be used in a variety of ways. This gives the vegetables a rich and savory flavor that is simply irresistible. One great way to use bacon grease is to roast vegetables.
To roast vegetables with bacon grease, simply preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, drizzle the bacon grease over the vegetables, using as much or as little as you like. Finally, bake the vegetables for 20-30 minutes, or until they are cooked to your liking. Then, line a baking sheet with foil and place your vegetables on the sheet.
Give it a try next time you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to cook your veggies. Roasting vegetables with bacon grease is a great way to add some extra flavor to your meal.
7 – Bacon-Infused Bourbon
Enjoy your bacon-infused bourbon neat or use it in your favorite cocktails. When you’re ready to use it, strain the bourbon through a coffee filter to remove any bacon bits. Seal the jar and let it sit for at least 24 hours. To make bacon-infused bourbon, simply cook bacon in a pan until crisp and then remove the bacon from the pan. The bacon grease gives the bourbon a smoky flavor that is perfect for sipping on its own or using in cocktails. The longer it sits, the more intense the flavor will be. Pour the bacon grease into a clean mason jar and then add the bourbon. Bacon-infused bourbon is a creative way to use bacon grease in cooking.
8 – Bacon Potato Salad
Bacon fat is a type of rendered fat that is made from pork belly bacon. It is a white to yellowish solid fat with a smoky flavor.
It can be used to cook potatoes, vegetables, eggs, and meat. It can also be used to flavor soups, stews, and sauces. Bacon fat can be used in many different ways.
Bacon fat can also be used as a spread on bread or toast. It can be used to make salad dressing or used as a dipping sauce.
Bacon fat can also be used to make candles, soap, and cosmetics.
9 – Cornbread Baked in Bacon Grease
This gives the cornbread a rich and savory flavor that is absolutely delicious. Cornbread is a classic Southern dish that is often made with bacon grease. Bacon grease is a delicious and versatile cooking fat that can be used in many different ways.
Remove the bacon from the skillet and set it aside on a paper towel to cool. To make cornbread with bacon grease, simply cook the bacon in a skillet until it is nice and crisp. Pour the bacon grease into a measuring cup and add enough milk to equal 1 cup.
Add 1 cup of cornmeal and 1 cup of flour to the bowl and mix everything together until well combined. Pour the milk and bacon grease mixture into a bowl and whisk in 2 eggs.
Bake the cornbread at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Grease a 9-inch baking pan with some of the bacon grease and pour the cornbread batter into the pan.
Enjoy! Let the cornbread cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
10 – Southern Style Green Beans
If you find yourself with bacon grease after cooking up a delicious breakfast, don’t pour it down the drain! There are so many ways to use bacon grease, especially when it comes to southern style green beans.
This gives them a delicious smoky flavor that can’t be beat. To make southern style green beans, start by cooking some bacon in a large skillet. Once it’s nice and crisp, remove it from the pan and set it aside on a paper towel to cool. Green beans are a classic side dish in the south, and they’re often cooked with bacon.
These green beans are the perfect side dish for any southern-style meal. Next, add your green beans to the bacon grease and cook them until they’re tender. Once they’re done, add in the crumbled bacon and serve.
11 – Bacon Popcorn
All you need is some bacon fat and popcorn kernels. Simply heat the bacon fat in a pan on the stovetop, add the popcorn kernels, and cover the pan. Once the kernels have popped, remove from the heat and enjoy! Bacon popcorn is a delicious and easy snack to make at home.
If you have bacon fat left over from cooking bacon, don’t throw it away! It’s a simple snack that’s sure to please everyone. Bacon popcorn is a great way to use up bacon fat. Use it to make bacon popcorn. It’s also a delicious and easy snack to make at home.
12 – Bacon Mayonnaise
It is a flavorful fat that can be used in a variety of ways, both in food and non-food applications. Bacon fat is a type of cooking fat that is derived from bacon.
Bacon fat can be used to cook eggs, potatoes, and other vegetables. In addition to its culinary uses, bacon fat can also be used to grease pans, as a wood polish, or as a leather conditioner. It can also be used as a spread on toast or sandwiches.
When storing bacon fat, it is important to do so in a cool, dark place. Bacon fat can solidify at room temperature, so it is best to store it in the refrigerator or freezer.
13 – Bacon Balsamic Vinaigrette
One great way to use bacon fat is to make a bacon balsamic vinaigrette. Bacon fat is delicious and can be used in many different ways. This vinaigrette is perfect for salads, grilled vegetables, or even just as a dipping sauce.
To make the vinaigrette, you will need:
-1/4 cup bacon fat
-1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
-1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
-1 tablespoon honey
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
This vinaigrette can be stored in a jar in the fridge for up to a week. Then, taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary. Simply whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl until they are well combined.
Quickie Additions – No Recipe Needed, Just Add Bacon Fat to Taste
Bacon grease is one of those ingredients that many people are unsure what to do with. These are quick, no-recipe-needed additions that will help give your dish that extra something. If you’re one of those people, this section is for you. They know they shouldn’t pour it down the drain, but beyond that, they’re at a loss. And the best part is, you can add as much or as little bacon fat as you like to taste. So go ahead and experiment until you find the perfect balance for your dish.
14 – Grilled Cheese with Bacon Sandwich
The bacon fat will add flavor and help to keep the sandwich moist. There’s no need for a recipe, just add bacon fat to taste. A grilled cheese sandwich is the perfect comfort food. Add some bacon to the mix and you’ve got a delicious and hearty meal. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can add other toppings to the sandwich, such as avocado or tomato.
15 – Bacon Barbecue Sauce
It’s also great for dipping, so feel free to use it as a dipping sauce for your favorite chips or veggies. Simply add bacon fat to taste, and you’re good to go! This sauce is perfect for ribs, chicken, or any other grilled or smoked meat. Bacon barbecue sauce is one of the quickest and easiest ways to add bacon flavor to any dish.
16 – Bacon Milkshake
Just add bacon fat to taste and enjoy the delicious flavor of bacon in every sip. These shakes are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Bacon milkshakes are the perfect quick and easy addition to any meal!
17 – Grilled Bacon Corn on the Cob
The bacon flavor really comes through and it’s a great way to add some extra flavor to your grilled corn. Just brush the corn with bacon grease before grilling and you’ll be in for a treat. Bacon grease is delicious on just about anything, but it’s especially good on corn on the cob.
18 – Chocolate Covered Bacon
There is no in between. There is no middle ground. And those who hate it, really hate it. Chocolate covered bacon is one of those things that you either love or hate. Those who love it, really love it.
And the fat from the bacon adds a richness that is hard to resist. The combination of the two is heavenly. If you love chocolate and you love bacon, then chances are you will love chocolate covered bacon. The salty bacon pairs perfectly with the sweet chocolate.
If you have never tried chocolate covered bacon, then you are missing out. It is a treat that you will not soon forget.
Non-food Uses for Bacon Grease
Bacon grease can have many uses beyond the kitchen. Here are some non-food uses for this versatile product.
19 – Bird Feeder
Finally, rub the bacon grease all over the outside of the square. Bacon grease can be used to make a bird feeder. The bird feeder can be hung from a tree or a fence, and birds will be attracted to the bacon grease. All you need is a piece of cardboard, some string, and some bacon grease. Next, thread some string through the holes, tying a knot on the inside of the square so that the string is secure. The grease will act as a glue, holding the string in place. First, cut a piece of cardboard into a square. Then, make four small holes in the square, about an inch from each side.
20 – A Bacon Candle
Here are 20 non-food uses for bacon grease: Bacon grease can be used for all sorts of things – not just cooking!
1. Keep your hands clean while cooking – just rub some bacon grease on them before you start handling raw meat or vegetables.
2. Make a candle! Just pour some bacon grease into a jar, insert a wick, and voila – you have a bacon-scented candle.
3. Lubricate a stuck zipper – just rub a little bacon grease on the teeth of the zipper and it should start working again.
4. Protect your cast iron skillet – rub a thin layer of bacon grease on the surface of your skillet after cleaning it, to help prevent rust.
5. Make your own lip balm – mix equal parts bacon grease and beeswax, melt together, and pour into a small container. Let it cool and solidify, then use as you would any other lip balm.
6. Soothe a sore throat – mix a teaspoon of bacon grease with a tablespoon of honey, and take by the spoonful as needed.
7. Get rid of gum in your hair – if you have gum stuck in your hair, just rub some bacon grease on it and the gum will come right out.
Then, add your desired scent (optional) and pour into soap molds. 8. Make your own soap – mix together bacon grease, lye, and water, and let sit for 24 hours. Let the soap cure for 4-6 weeks before using.
9. Condition your leather – just rub a small amount of bacon grease into your leather goods to help keep them soft and supple.
10. Polish metal – rub a little bacon grease on brass or copper to give it a nice shine.
When you need a fire starter, just light the cotton ball – it will burn for a long time. 11. Make a fire starter – soak a cotton ball in bacon grease, and store in a sealable container.
12. Lubricate a squeaky door hinge – just like with a stuck zipper, rub some bacon grease on door hinges to quiet the squeak.
13. Protect your tools – rub a thin layer of bacon grease on your tools before storing them, to help prevent rust.
14. Make your own crayons – mix together equal parts bacon grease and melted wax, then pour into molds and let cool.
15. Soothe a sunburn – apply bacon grease to a sunburn to help relieve the pain and speed healing.
16. Make your own candles – see #2 above!
17. Get rid of rust – just rub bacon grease on rust spots and they should come right off.
18. Lubricate a stuck drawer – again, just like with a stuck zipper or door hinge, rub some bacon grease on the drawer slides to get it moving again.
19. Waterproof your shoes – rub a thin layer of bacon grease on your shoes before heading out in the rain or snow.
20. Make your own hand cream – mix together equal parts bacon grease, beeswax, and coconut oil, melt together, and pour into a small container. Let it cool and solidify, then use as you would any other hand cream.
21 – Season a Cast Iron Skillet
Bacon grease can be used for all sorts of things beyond just cooking. Here are 21 non-food uses for bacon grease:
1. Season a cast iron skillet – Bacon grease is the perfect thing to season a cast iron skillet with. Just rub it all over the inside of the skillet and then heat it up in the oven.
Just mix it with some lye and water and you’re good to go. 2. Make homemade soap – Bacon grease can be used to make homemade soap.
3. Waterproof your boots – Rub some bacon grease into your boots before heading out into the rain or snow. It will help to waterproof them and keep your feet dry.
4. Lubricate a door hinge – If you have a squeaky door hinge, just apply some bacon grease to it and it will silence the noise.
5. Polish metal – Bacon grease can be used to polish metal. Just rub it on with a soft cloth and it will leave a nice shine.
Just rub it into the leather and it will help to keep it soft and supple. 6. Condition leather – Bacon grease can be used to condition leather.
7. Remove gum from hair – If you have gum stuck in your hair, just rub some bacon grease on it and it will come right out.
8. Make candles – You can use bacon grease to make candles. Just melt it down and pour it into molds.
9. Lubricate a zipper – If your zipper is stuck, just rub some bacon grease on it and it will start to move again.
10. Protect tools from rust – Rubbing bacon grease on tools will help to protect them from rust.
11. Remove crayon from walls – If your kids have drawn on the walls with crayons, just rub some bacon grease over the markings and they will come right off.
12. Lubricate a stuck window – If your window is stuck, just rub some bacon grease around the edges and it will start to open.
13. Prevent rust on cast iron – Rubbing bacon grease on cast iron will help to prevent rust.
Just soak some cotton balls in the grease and then store them in a jar. 14. Make fire starters – You can use bacon grease to make fire starters.
15. Lubricate a stuck drawer – If your drawer is stuck, just rub some bacon grease on the runners and it will start to move.
16. Protect your hands from garden chemicals – If you’re going to be working with garden chemicals, just rub some bacon grease on your hands and it will act as a barrier.
17. Remove stickers from glass – If you have stickers on glass, just rub some bacon grease on them and they will come right off.
18. Make your own lip balm – You can use bacon grease to make your own lip balm. Just mix it with some beeswax and coconut oil.
19. Lubricate a squeaky door – If you have a squeaky door, just rub some bacon grease on the hinges and it will silence the noise.
20. Protect your hands from paint fumes – If you’re going to be painting, just rub some bacon grease on your hands and it will help to protect them from the fumes.
21. Make a rust preventative – You can use bacon grease to make a rust preventative. Just mix it with some vinegar and water.
22 – The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Bacon Grease
Bacon grease can have many non-food uses, such as:
– Greasing a squeaky door hinge
– Lubricating a stuck zipper
– Moisturizing dry skin
– Taming frizzy hair
– Polishing leather
– Conditioning wood
– Cleaning metal
– Removing gum from surfaces
So, the next time you cook up some bacon, don’t throw out that grease! It can be used for much more than just cooking.
23 – Get Your Heels Smooth Overnight
23 – Get Your Heels Smooth Overnight
In the morning, your heels will be soft and smooth! Just apply a small amount of bacon grease to your heels before bed and cover with socks. If you want to get your heels smooth and soft overnight, then try using bacon grease!
24 – Pull a Splinter Out in a Snap
Bacon grease can be used for many things other than cooking. It can be used as a lubricant, to remove splinters, and to polish metal.
To remove a splinter, apply bacon grease to the area around the splinter. The bacon grease will help to lubricate the area and make it easier to remove the splinter. Then, using a tweezers, pull the splinter out.
The bacon grease will help to remove any tarnish and give the metal a nice shine. To polish metal, apply a small amount of bacon grease to a soft cloth and rub it into the metal.
25 – Shine your shoes
Bacon grease can be used to shine your shoes! You can also use bacon grease to condition leather shoes and boots. Just rub a small amount of bacon grease onto your shoe with a soft cloth and buff it to a shine. Just rub it into the leather in a circular motion and then buff with a soft cloth.
What is the Best Way to Cook Bacon?
But what is the best way to cook bacon? Bacon is one of the most delicious and versatile meats out there. You can cook it in so many different ways, and each method yields delicious results.
The most popular methods are frying, baking, and microwaving. There are a few different methods that are commonly used to cook bacon. Each method has its own set of benefits and drawbacks.
Frying is the most common way to cook bacon. However, frying bacon can be messy, and it can be difficult to get the bacon to cook evenly. It is quick and easy, and it yields bacon that is crispy and delicious.
However, baked bacon can sometimes come out chewy or rubbery. Baking is a great way to cook bacon if you are looking for an easy, mess-free method. Baked bacon is also less likely to shrink than fried bacon.
It is also the least messy option. Microwaving is the quickest and easiest way to cook bacon. However, microwaved bacon can sometimes come out unevenly cooked, and it can be difficult to achieve the perfect level of crispiness.
Try out each method and see which one you like best. Each method has its own set of pros and cons. The answer is that it depends on your preferences. So, what is the best way to cook bacon?
Do You Know How to Render Bacon?
It can be used in many different ways, both in food and non-food items. Bacon grease is a delicious byproduct of cooking bacon. Here are 25 creative uses for bacon grease that you may not have thought of!
What is the Best Way to Store Bacon Grease?
There are many ways to store bacon grease, but the best way is to refrigerate it in a covered container. It is used as a flavor enhancer in many dishes and can be used as a cooking oil. Bacon grease is a type of fat that is rendered from bacon. Bacon grease is a staple in Southern cooking and is used in many traditional dishes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is bacon grease?
Bacon grease is the fat that is rendered from cooking bacon. It can be used in both cooking and non-cooking applications.
2. How do I store bacon grease?
Bacon grease can be stored in a jar or container with a tight fitting lid. It should be stored in a cool, dark place.
3. What are some uses for bacon grease?
Bacon grease can be used for cooking, as a spread on toast, or to grease a pan. It can also be used in non-cooking applications such as lubricating a squeaky door hinge or polishing leather.
4. How long does bacon grease last?
Bacon grease can last for several months if stored properly. However, it will eventually go bad and should be thrown out.
5. Can I use bacon grease instead of butter?
Yes, bacon grease can be used in place of butter in many recipes. It will add a delicious bacon flavor to whatever you are cooking.
Bacon grease is one of those ingredients that many people are unsure what to do with. However, it is actually very versatile and can be used in both food and non-food items. The next time you cook bacon, save the grease and put it to good use!